There is still room in both classes. Email ottawaclassicalswordplay@gmail.com to sign up.
Equipment
Both classes require fencing masks, throat protection, and gloves with a long cuff. The rapier class requires an appropriate rapier, and the sword and shield class requires a buckler and appropriate sword. All of these items are provided with the $50 equipment fee
Alternatively, equipment packages cost $350 and include a new mask, your choice of a new sports throat protector or a second hand steel gorget, a new pair of leather gloves with cuffs, and either a rapier or a sword and buckler.
I currently have more swords and bucklers than rapiers on hand. The swords will work perfectly (and are historically appropriate) for the rapier class, but the rapier guards offer better hand coverage and a few more combat options.
This is the rapier:
http://www.casiberia.com/
This is the sword, and the buckler:
http://www.alcheminc.com/
http://www.alcheminc.com/
Fees and Memberships
I will accept payments by cash or cheque. Paypal coming soon.
I am also offering a four course flexpass. The cost is $400 and it will give you access to four courses this year of your choice, and free attendance to the R&D class. I'll also give you priority booking for new courses, and 20% off the price of any additional courses you choose to take.