Due to a sudden surge in interest, I have extended and split my Thursday evening booking at the Knights of Columbus Hall and can now confirm that I will be running a Youth Swordplay course from 6:45 until 7:45.
This also means that the Duelling with Rapier class will be moving by a half hour and will now run from 7:45-915.
I am making the youth class available to kids aged 9-15, although I welcome the parents of any students to also sign up. This course focuses on medieval single sword based on a variety of historical sources. At the beginning of the course, students will use padded training swords exclusively, but if they demonstrate safe and responsible use of this equipment, they will earn the opportunity to use more realistic training swords.
Please contact me to sign up for this course or for more information.
Craig Shackleton
ottawaclassicalswordplay@gmail.com
http://ottawa-swordplay.blogspot.com/
613 715-9561
Youth Swordplay
Thursdays 6:45-7:45 pm at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 1177 Gladstone.
May 20 - June 24 (six classes)
This is a foundations-level course in medieval swordplay for ages 9-15
Course cost: $100
Equipment Rental fee $50
Other current courses:
Medieval Sword and Shield
Sundays, 10:15 - 11:45 am at the Glebe Community Centre
May 23 - June 27 (six classes)
This class focuses on the I.33 Tower Fechtbuch sword and buckler material.
Course cost: $100
Equipment Rental fee: $50
Duelling with the Rapier
Thursdays 7:45-9:15 pm at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 1177 Gladstone.
Note the time change on this course.
May 20 - June 24 (six classes)
This is our standard Rapier foundation program
Course cost: $100
Equipment Rental fee $50
Duelling with Rapier and Dagger
Mondays 7:15-8:45 pm at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 1177 Gladstone.
May 24 - June 28 (six classes)
This is an intermediate course, adding the use of the dagger to our basic rapier techniques.